Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good morning! Day 2

We had a wonderful first night! Not a single peep of out of mom or pups all night. I think this is my first ever sleep through the night on a litter's first night. And from the sofa nearby, not even on the floor right by the box. Pups look full, fat and happy, which is what I want to see. Not sure I have peeked in and seen Yin NOT eating yet! So far, this is a delight. Which, of course, makes me nervous about things going TOO well. Since I have to worry about something. <G>


Her temp was 102.4 last evening. It is 101.8 this morning. Higher than it has been, but she is also laying with babies cuddled and near the space heater. I realized she wasn't coming out of her "nest " for her water dish, so this morning offered it directly to her and she drank a good bit. May have been her first water since the birth, other than on her food.

I have to insist she gets out and goes outside, but she is willingly coming out for food. She is taking yogurt and broth on a frequent basis and also eating her regular meals. So all in all, going pretty much perfectly.  I'll take temps through today just to make sure, Fada is looking and acting fine. Puppies each weigh 8.5 oz today, so both gaining nicely. I actually don't get too concerned if pups go down slightly in weight the first 24 hours, but not these two!

I will post some photos here, but the bulk of the pictures will go on my Picasa site. I'll make folder for each pup week by week to keep them organized, as well as one for photos of pups together.  


https://picasaweb.google.com/agilpwd




2 comments:

  1. So glad all is going well and you got some sleep!!

    Really enjoying the updates. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. Congratulations to Fada and Etti. The babies look so very different from one another with the colorings. I looked at Penny's website for weights in her "i" litter and I see that your 2 are about 3 oz. heavier already. Of course, that was in a litter of 4. How much did Piper and Drummer weigh? I am so thrilled that everything went so well and that you have perfect, healthy little PPods. Congratulations to you as well!
    Susan Y

    ReplyDelete