Friday, June 28, 2013

Settling in

Our second full day has gone well. Fada is truly back to full Mamma -mode and rarely leaves Bob. She is eating well and handles Bob scrabbling around her incision pretty well. We have gone from me being worried that she had enough milk to a more than ample supply. Now she is getting engorged, so that is something I'll be keeping an eye on.

Bob, however, is enjoying it! He weighed 7.5 oz when I got him home Wednesday afternoon, then dropped to 6.5 for most of yesterday. It is not unusual for a pup to lose in the first 24 hours. I just didn't want him to go lower than the 6.5, and was hoping to see it go back up soon. By bedtime last night he was up to 7 oz, then this morning 7.7 and now 8 oz. So he is definitely eating enough!

I am still sleeping beside the whelping box at night. Fada doesn't really want me far from her. I have moved my PC so that I am now working in the living room, just a few feet from the whelping box. That way Fada can see me and I can keep an eye on them all day. Hoping to start sleeping a little better and worrying a little less and getting myself back to being able to concentrate and be productive!

Here are a couple of photos from today and you can see more here.




No comments:

Post a Comment