Thursday, June 27, 2013

What a smart puppy!

My puppy set up is a pen, then a whelping box (3' x 4') in it for Mom and pups. Because the Podengos are so small, and Fada has had small litters, I added a small box IN the whelping box, to make a cozy "nest" area for Mom and babes. Keeps everyone together better for the first week.



Since Fada had a c-section and anesthesia and doesn't feel so well, she will get in the nest with Bob when I ask her to and allow him to eat and she cleans him. But then she gets out and lays in the box area itself.

Last evening while eating my dinner I heard Bob wake up and fuss. I was almost done, so was going to go have Fada feed him again when I finished. As I headed that way, I realized he had quieted down. I walk across the room and see him in the outer box area, happily nursing.

He climbed out  of the nest, across the box and found his Mamma for a meal. Less than 12 hours old and already showing signs of brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment