Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last week!

I have set up the Picasa folders for the last week of baby pictures. After this, there will be no more "Yin and Yang" photo folders, but I will continue to post pictures of "Daz" and "Vettel". (I'm counting on you Donna, to send lots of pics! <g>)

I will admit to feeling a certain sadness at the end of babyhood for these two. It has really been SO much fun watching them grow and change. Each litter brings new things anyway, but this one has really been a new experience for me. I have never had just two puppies to raise as a litter before and it is really a totally different experience than litters of 5-10 Border Collie or Portuguese Water Dog babies or the singleton PWD pup I raised.

Even though I will miss Vettel and miss the baby stage, I am also looking forward to Daz as "my new dog,", not just "one of the puppies." And I know Vettel is going to go on to a wonderful life with Donna, Jim and his new Aussie family in AZ. I'm quite sure he won't miss the rainy spring we've had here in Ohio! It will be funny to him for awhile to adjust to the no grass thing, but I am sure he'll get it quickly.

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading about the babies first two and a half months of life here, and there will be more to come through next Tuesday! Updates as Fada gets back to agility and once Daz begins her agility training and career will also appear on the Podengo Agility blog. And don't miss reports of the pups' cousin Dexter there as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment