Thursday, May 26, 2011

Learning

Earlier I wrote about (human) mealtime manners for Daz. Progress! Last evening at dinner Mike finally convinced her that she did NOT belong on his lap while there was a plate there, but beside him was acceptable. She did eventually "get it". This morning when I had breakfast, she quit trying for my lap much more quickly and settled beside me ,like her mother does while we're eating.

I do sporadic recalls throughout the day with Daz. I keep a bunch of the tiny little freeze dried turkey bites (perfect little PPod size!) in my pocket for this purpose. Last week I started easing Daz into "heel position" (RTH, a la APHS) on these recalls. Hey, never too early, right? <g> So now she comes running into heel from all directions, with guidance from a treat. Reward happens once she is in RTH position.

No comments:

Post a Comment