Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We have been really busy lately! Daz went to her first conformation fun match over the weekend. I was very pleased with her. She trotted around the ring very nicely, self stacked decently and behaved herself on the table. We start handling lessons tomorrow evening.

We have also started out "teeter" training. It might not LOOK like teeter training, to the casual observer, but is to get her used to making things move. I have taught her to paw at a cabinet door and slam it closed. I'll move on to Fada's skateboard, but not sure if we'll get to it this week.

Continuing with the "recall to heel" practice, adding motion. When we are doing it outside, I run forward a few steps as she gets into position. I want to be able to reward her in motion and teach her to move fast from the beginning.

I am also continuing to take advantage of various distracting situations to have her engage in play with me. I ask her for tugging, focus, etc. while dogs are working agility around us, the big dogs are playing in the yard, anywhere I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment