Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lure coursing

I already posted another photo from Daddy Andretti's first lure coursing experience last weekend. Here is a comment from provisional ASFA and AKC coursing judge, Deann Haggard, 


"The real surprise star of the day though was one of the little Portugese Podengos.  His name is Andretti, and boy did that boy live up to his name!  He ran the bunny 3 times and would have been a serious contender for BIF at any lure coursing.  He was on the bunny the entire time, cornered perfectly, never slipped, ran like the wind stretched full out and tackled that bunny with a vengeance at the end.  I was amazed!  I had never even seen one of those before and when I first saw him didn’t think much of him as a coursing dog.  But after seeing him run, I am a fan!  If they are all like that, they really truly are a sighthound, no matter what AKC or ASFA says.  You’ve gotta see this little guy.  He is like an IG in that he is a true coursing hound, but just small."


Maybe it runs in the family? Just so happens, I was out with the puppies playing "chase the bunny" when this message from Elizabeth came through. 

1 comment:

  1. I bought the neatest toy on a rope attached to a stick that dogs are suppose to love chasing. My aussies have never chased it. Maybe Vettel will like playing with it - time to get it out again.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete